KYT is joined by Andy Peters and Alex Bianchi, both of whose teams made top 8 of the Face to Face Team Trios Constructed tournament last weekend. After figuring out the best deck in Standard and Modern, they tackle the mystery of why Team Canada can’t do well at the World Magic Cup. Then Jonathan Medina shows up for the last half of hour of the show to debate the financial merits of Iconic Masters over Unstable.
Click here to learn how to join the First Strike Nation!
- (00:02:26) How did Alex & Andy prepare with their teams for the Team Trios Constructed at F2F?
- (00:06:34) Is there any deck that post-board can beat Temur Energy in Standard?
- (00:12:00) How to prepare for the Temur Energy mirror match?
- (00:16:25) Why doesn’t Alex play UW Approach, since he loves UW Control in Modern?
- (00:21:34) Is Affinity still the sweetest deck in Modern? What happened to 5C Humans?
- (00:29:06) Is Team Trios the constructed format of the future? What format could replace the Legacy slot?
- (00:42:48) Team Canada didn’t do well at the World Magic Cup last weekend? Why is Canada cursed on the world stage?
- (01:01:24) Is now the time to buy Iconic Masters? What impact are the reprint sets having on the singles market?
- (01:06:26) Why did Silver-bordered cards become legal in Commander? Will this make a box of Unstable a better buy over a box of Iconic Masters?
- (01:18:55) Medina’s latest projects, including the Big Dig archeological strategy game.
You hosts on Twitter:
First Strike is a Magic: The Gathering debate-style podcast hosted that discusses the week’s hottest competitive and social topics of the game.